Mad TV, the most popular Greek TV music channel, organise for the fifth year running the Mad Love Auction. Each year, popular Greek and Cypriot singers offer personal belongings to be auctioned and the proceeds go to a chosen charity. This year it will be in aid of the international organisation Medecins sans frontiers.
Amongst the many artists whose personal items can be found in this year's auction, are the former property of many Eurovision Song Contest stars. Helena Paparizou, the 2005 Eurovision winner, Sakis Rouvas, 3rd place in Istanbul and presenter of the contest in Athens, Konstantinos Christoforou, Cyprus 1996, 2002 ( as part of One) and 2005, Evridiki, Cyprus 1992 and 1994 andwidely expectedto represent Cyprus once more in Helsinki as well as many more. At the moment writing, there have been received more that 2.500 bids. Following you will find the full list of participating Eurostars:
- Helena Paparizou offers a precious bolero
- Sakis Rouvas, this lot contains a chance for the lucky winner to watch the filming of Sakis' new film Alter Ego and participate in one scene. Also the winner will get one of the T-shirts Sakis' character Stefanos wears in the film.
- Christos Dantis, composer of My number one has offered a hat of a high sentimental value.
- Konstantinos Christoforou offers his favorite leather belt.
- Pegky Zina (Greek NF finalist) a pair of Rayban glasses.
- Evridiki offers a dress she wore during her summer tour.
- Kaiti Garbi ( Greece 1993) offers a Swarowski crystal studded T-shirt.
- Andreas Konstantinidis (Cyprus 2006 NF) offers one of his best loved sweatshirts and a pair of glasses.
- Michalis Chatzigiannis (Cyprus 1998) offers his favourite necklace together with his lucky ring.
This year, for the first time, the auction will be supported by two international music channels so that diaspora Greeks have a chance to bid as well. MadWorld (Mad/UBI World) in Australia and Blue Channel (Mad/ANT1 Satellite) in the USA.
Click here to view the objects and bid for a good cause (in Greek).