Finnish broadcaster YLE has announced the 12 invited artists that will take part in the Finnish national final 2007. The list includes some well-known established artists, but there are also some unknown artists among the participants. It is for sure that the Finnish national final will see very different music styles, from dance to hard rock and from Finnish schlager to pop.
The artists that will take part in the Finnish national final 2007 are:
- Beats and Styles: urban pop group that has experienced some success outside Finland
- Jani & Jetsetters: guitar rock band who has had recent success in Finland
- Humane: liquid rock band with Kim Herold as their front-man
- Jann Wilde and Rose Avenue: a new glam rock band that will release it's first single next week
- Katra: rather unknown rock artist
- Kentala: runner-up in the 2005 Finnish national final
- Jukka Kuoppamäki: a true Finnish schlager veteran, participated in the Finnish national finals in the early 70's and was runner-up in 1971 with Uinu poikani vain
- Johanna Kurkela: young singer that mostly sings ballads in Finnish
- Lovex: rock 'n' roll group
- Hanna Pakarinen: winner of idols 2004, has released some successful albums, English soft rock
- Thunderstone: hard rock group fronted by Pasi Rantanen who was the backing singer for Lordi in Athens
- Laura Voutilainen (picture): successful singer that represented Finland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2002 in Tallinn
The selection format for 2007 will remain the same as last year's. There will be four semi-finals, in which three artists will perform two songs each. The public will select each act's best song by televoting. This will leave all 12 acts with one song in the final. The final will take place on February 17th 2007.
Finland is already qualified for the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 because of Lordi's victory in Athens.