After four semi finals reducing twenty-four songs down to twelve, tonight Finland finally gets to choose the one which will represent the country in Athens this May.
The songs and order of performance for the show are as follows:
1. Anika Eklund – Shanghain valot
2. Nina & Hanna-Riikka – Who I am
3. Safe Six – I can't wait
4. Kilpi – Katharsis
5. Jane – V.I.P.
6. Marita Taavitsainen – Enkeli itkee
7. Katariina Hänninen – Devil on my shoulder
8. Johanna Pakonen – Kerta viimeinen
9. Ville Pusa & Christa Renwall – Eternally
10. Lordi – Hard rock hallelujah
11. Jennie – Take me higher
12. Tomi Metsäketo – Eternamente Maria
During the broadcast, an initial vote will whittle the twelve songs down to six, which will then face a final judgement. The winner of this second round will be crowned the Finnish representative for the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest.
Finland finds itself once more in the qualifier round of the contest this year, after Geir Rönning's disappointing placing with the song Why? in 2005. Finnish hopes for a first successful qualifier entry will be pinned on tonight's winner, after two years of failing to make it to the international final.
The selection Eurovision Laulukilpailu can be seen from 19.00 CET on TV2 and heard on Radio Suomi and Radio Vega.