After four heats and two semifinals, Kate Ryan wins Eurosong 2006 and thus will represent Belgium in the semifinal of the Eurovision Song Contest in Athens. She will sing Je t'adore, a song with a French title and English lyrics. At the end of the voting, the televoter left the top favorite, Belle Perez, in the cold.
Eight juries gave their votes tonight, together deciding who will represent Belgium at the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest.
� The professional jury (Yasmine, Marcel Vanthilt, Andre Vermeulen and Johnny Logan, 1/10th of the total)
� The Radio 2 jury (1/10th of the total)
� The Radio Donna jury (1/10th of the total)
� The press jury (1/10th of the total)
� The international jury from Germany (giving 1/10th of the total)
� The international jury from Poland (giving 1/10th of the total)
� The international jury from Israel (giving 1/10th of the total)
� The televoters, points given by the Flemish prime-minister (3/10ths of the total)
1. Barbara Dex � Crazy – 3+5+2+1+5+5+3+9 = 33 points
2. Brahim � P.O.W.E.R. – 9+1+4+3+3+1+2+15 = 38 points
3. Belle Perez � El mundo bailando – 2+9+9+5+4+9+7+12 = 57 points
4. Els de Schepper � Als ik je morgen ergens tegenkom – 1+2+1+4+2+3+4+3 = 20 points
5. La Sakhra � Wonderland – 7+4+7+9+7+2+5+21 = 62 points
6. Kaye Styles � Profile – 4+3+3+2+1+4+1+6 = 24 points
7. Kate Ryan � Je t'adore – 5+7+5+7+9+7+9+27 = 76 points
After her victory, an emotional Kate Ryan did her winning song once again. To give the performance an extra touch, two of her backing vocals came from Sweden to sing the backing vocals of Je t'adore live, something which is not common at Eurosong in Belgium. “I am going to Athens and I will do some serious stuff there!”, she reacted.