As confirmed previously, Sylvía Nótt (Ágústa Eva Erlendsdóttir) will take part in Söngvakeppnin 2006, the Icelandic national final for the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest, hosted by RÚV.
Her song titled Til Hamingju Ísland!, roughly translated Congratulations Iceland! has leaked out to the internet, which is not allowed according to the rules of the selection. The song's premiere was not scheduled to be released until the third semifinal, this Saturday. The production staff involved with the making of the song have apologized for causing this stir.
RÚV have reacted to the news stating that the song will still take part in Söngvakeppnin 2006 and that the show will go on as planned. In reaction to the negative attraction, RÚV has gathered due to this case, they have realeased to the media that they apologise for this situation.
Meanwhile, RÚV has released the running order for Saturday's third semifinal;
1. Rúna Stefánsdóttir – 100%
2. Dísella Lárusdóttir – Útópía
3. Bjartmar Þórðarson � Hvað á ég
4. Silvía Nótt – Til hamingju Ísland
5. Katy Winter – Á meðan hjartað slær
6. Sóley Samúelsdóttir – Mig langar að hafa þig hér
7. Gunnar Ólason – Það var lagið
8. Birgitta Haukdal – Mynd af þér
One of the participants is Birgitta, who represented Iceland back in 2003 with Open your heart. Gunnar Ólason was one half of the duo TwoTricky, Iceland's entrant in 2001 with Angel.