With the song Stupid, Tess will represent the Netherlands at the third Junior Eurovision Song Contest. During the Junior Nationaal Songfestival 2005, five contestants competed for the ticket to Hasselt, where the international contest takes place on 26th November. A Dutch victory.. with a 'Flemish touch'. Speculations about where the the Belgian 12 points will go on 26th November can start!
14-year old Tess, who was born in Amsterdam and lives in Belgium since three years, sings about love, and how you can find out how the other person loves you too.
… and here are the complete results of the Dutch Junior Songfestival 2005;
1. Tess – Stupid | 12-12-12 | 36 points
2. Cleo � Ik lijk zo op een jongen | 6-10-10 | 26 points
3. Tjindjara � Blijf jezelf | 10-8-8 | 26 points
4. Angelo � Slapeloze nachten | 7-7-7 | 21 points
5. Yara & Anjes – Vriendschap | 8-6-6 | 20 points
* Points given by the junior jury, the professional jury and the televoters
The winning song has been produced by Tjeerd Oosterhuis, the brother of Trijntje Oosterhuis, who is widely considered to be the most popular female pop singer in the Netherlands at the moment. Together, Tjeerd and Trijntje formed the duo Total Touch.
The Netherlands ended 11th twice in a row. Last year, Klaartje & Nicky represented the Netherlands with the song Hij is een kei, which ended 11th in Lillehammer, two years ago Roel Felius ended 11th with Mijn ogen zeggen alles.