TVM, the Maltese national broadcaster, has unveiled the names of the 2022 Maltese national selection semi-finalists.
A total of 22 acts will be battling for the golden ticket to Turin at the forthcoming Maltese national selection- Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2022. The Maltese national selection will consist of two live televised shows: a semi-final and a grand final.
Malta has reverted back to its traditional national selection. Malta will select its Eurovision entry and act in February.
22 acts will compete in the semi-final and only 16 will proceed to the grand final.
The MESC 2022 Candidates
- Nicole Hammett – A lover’s heart
- Jessica Grech – Aphrodisiac
- Janice Mangion – Army
- Denise Mercieca – Boy
- Matt BLXCK – Come Around
- Baklava Ft Nicole – Electric Indigo
- Sarah Bonnici – Heaven
- Richard Micallef – Hey Little
- Norbert Bondin – How special you are
- Derrick Schembri – II
- Nicole Azzopardi – Into The Fire
- Jessica Muscat – Kaleidoscope
- Miriana Conte – Look what you’ve done now
- Emma Muscat – Out of Sight
- Raquel Galdes Briffa – Over You
- Jade Vella – REVELACIÓN
- Francesca Sciberras – Rise
- Aidan Cassar – Ritmu
- Mark Anthony Bartolo – Serenity
- Enya Magri – Shame
- Malcolm Pisani – We came for love
- Rachell Lowell – White Doves
Malta in Eurovision
Malta debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1971 and is yet to win the competition. The Mediterranean island’s best result in the competition has been a second placing achieved in 2002 (Ira Losco) and 2005 (Chiara).
Malta has competed 33 times at the Eurovision Song Contest, next year will mark the country’s 34th ESC participation.
Destiny represented Malta at the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest with her entry ‘ Je Me Casse’ achieving an honorable 7th placing in the Grand Final in Rotterdam
Photo credit: Andres Putting/ EBU