The 2018 Azerbaijani Eurovision hopeful, Aisel, is set to compete at the forthcoming 2019 New Wave Contest in Sochi, Russia.
Aisel who represented Azerbaijan at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon will be partaking in yet another music festival, this time she will be travelling to Sochi in order to compete at the iconic New Wave Song Contest.
The 2019 New Wave Song Contest is scheduled to be held in Sochi from 24- 29 August. Many former Russian and international Eurovision stars have either partaken in the contest or graced the stage throughout the years:
- Ani Lorak (Ukraine 200)
- Sergey Lazarev (Russia 2016, 2019)
- Dima Bilan (Russia 2o06, 2009)
- Verka Serduchka (Ukraine 2007)
- Demy (Greece 2017)
- Jamala (Ukraine 2016)
- DoReDos (Moldova 2o18)
- Svetlana Loboda ( Ukraine 2009)
- Natalia Podolskaya (Russia 2005)
- Alla Pugacheva ( Russia 1997)
- Lara Fabian (Luxembourg 1988)
- Alekseev ( Belarus 20018)
- Philip Kirkorov (Russia 1995)
- Intars Busulis ( Latvia 2005)
- Polina Gagarina (Russia 2016)
- Alsou (Russia 2000)
The 2019 New Wave Song Contest will be broadcast on Russian national broadcaster RTR.
Aisel flew the Azerbaijani flag at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest with Dimitris Kontopoulos‘ ‘X My Heart’
About New Wave Festival
The New Wave Song Contest was founded in 2002 by Igor Krutoy and Raimonds Pauls, with the first fourteen editions being held in the Latvian coastal city of Jurmala.
Throughout the years many former Eurovision stars have performed and participated in this musical extravanganza, and some of them have even won the competition:
- Sergey Lazarev as Smash!!! ( 2002)
- Intars Busulis ( 2005)
- Jamala (2009)
- Natalia Gordienko (2007)
- DoReDos (2017)