As the Irish national final will be held in two weeks, more details regarding their selection were revealed. Former Eurovision glory of the Emerald Isle Niamh Kavanagh will attend the final of Eurosong 2011 to be held on February 11th at a special edition of The Late Late Show.
In two weeks, the Irish representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 will be known. Five acts will compete for the honour of representing the seven times Eurovision champion at this year's European favourite music show to be held in Düsseldorf. The national final of Ireland will take place on February 11th at a special edition of The Late Late Show – Eurosong 2011 which will be attended by Niamh Kavanagh as a special guest.
It was alsorevealed that Shane Creevey who used to sing with Dublin boyband D-Side will be leading the unnamed yet quartet as part of the 5th act of this year's Eurosong line-up. The newcomers will be mentored by Willie Kavanagh, the chairman of EMI Ireland.
This is how the line-up of this year's Eurosong looks like at moment:
- Don Mescall, mentored by Ronan Hardiman (composer)
- Jedward, mentored by Caroline Downey-Desmond (Director of MCD and event producer)
- The Vard Sisters, mentored by Liam Lawton (composerand performer)
- unnamed EMI quartet, mentored by Willie Kavanagh (chairman of EMI Ireland)
- Nikki Kavanagh, mentored by David Hayes (Musical director and arranger)
Ireland will compete in the second semi final of this year's Eurovision Song Contest.