A total of 21 songs have already been submitted to the Azerbaijani national broadcaster Ictimai TV in order to represent the country in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. Some of them have been submitted by composers from outside Azerbaijan.
Below is the list made public today by Ictimai TV. The broadcaster has published the names of the applying composers as well as the number of submissions they have made.
- Vüqar Babayev – Azerbaijan(5 songs)
- Micke Vennborn (5 songs)
- Giorgos Kalpakidis – Greece (3 songs)
- José Juan Santana – Spain (1 song)
- Ülviyye Valiyeva – Azerbaijan (1 song)
- Manuel Ángel Moreno Pinilla – Spain (1 song)
- Nergiz Safaraliyeva – Azerbaijan (1 song)
- Nazim Pasaoglu – Azerbaijan(1 song)
- Madalin Botezatu – Romania (1 song)
- Sebastian Ivanov – Australia (1 song)
- Noam Inbar & Isak Mizrachi – Australia (1 song)
Other two authors have only submitted lyrics:
- Madura Mate
- Kamran Cabbarov
There is still nearly one month left for composers to submit their songs for the Azerbaijani selection.