The Icelandic public broadcaster RÚV has announced the five candidates to compete in the first semifinal of Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins 2011, the country's national selection for Eurovision, on January 15th.
The five acts to compete in the first Icelandic semifinal are:
- Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir – Ástin mín eina (Arnar Ástráðsson)
- Böddi og JJ Soul Band – Lagiðþitt (Ingvi Þór Kormáksson)
- Pétur Örn Guðmundsson- Elísabet (Pétur Örn Guðmundsson)
- Hanna Guðný Hitchon – Huldumey (Ragnar Hermannsson)
- Haraldur Reynisson – Ef ég hefðivængi(Haraldur Reynisson)
The Icelandic selection for Eurovision 2011 will feature three semifinals to be held on January 15th, 22th and 29th, with five acts each. The grand final is scheduled for February 12th.