Ten songs that competed in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 have entered the Swiss single charts this week. Among them is the Swiss entry Il pleut de l'or, which hd not charted before. Winning song Satellite is currently at number one.
Satellite had entered the Swiss single charts shortly after the German national final and after eleven weeks in the top ten, it made the top this week following the victory by Lena Meyer-Landrut in Oslo. It is therefore the first Eurovision Song Contest winning song to reach the top of the Swiss charts since 1982, the last time Germany had won with Ein bißchen Frieden.
Ten songs have newly entered the Swiss single charts this week:
- In a moment like this (Denmark) – No. 12
- Drip drop (Azerbaijan) – No. 22
- Me and my guitar (Belgium) – No. 32
- Playing with fire (Romania) – No. 51
- Apricot stone (Armenia)- No. 54
- We could be the same (Turkey) – No. 56
- This is my life (Sweden) – No. 62
- Je ne sais quoi (Iceland) – No. 64
- Il pleut de l'or (Switzerland) – No. 65
- Sweet people (Ukraine) – No. 73
Michael von der Heide represented Switzerland in the second semi final of the Eurovision Song Contest with Il pleut de l'or but finished last with two points in total. However, Il pleut de l'or is his first song ever to reach the Swiss single charts after 12 years in the music business.