The Irish broadcaster RTÉ, announced the five finalists for the national final to select their representative at the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo. The Irish national final is due to be held on March 5th.
These are the five hopefuls competing to win the ticket to Oslo:
- Leanne Moore – Does Heaven Need Much More? – Written by Tommy Moran & John Waters
- Monika Ivkic – Fashion Queen – Written by Marc Paelinck & Mathias Strasser
- Lee Bradshaw – River Of Silence – Music: R. Siegel Lyrics: J. O'Flynn / José Santana
- Mikey Graham – Baby Nothing Is Wrong – Music & Lyrics by Michael Graham, Scott Newman & Yann O'Brien
- Niamh Kavanagh – It's For You – Music: Niall Mooney, Marten Eriksson & Jonas Gladnikoff
Lyrics: Lina Eriksson
Leanne Moore won the RTÉ television series "You're A Star" in 2008. In 2003, 2004, 2005, You're A Star was the format used to select the entrant for the Eurovision Song Contestfor Ireland. Her song is co-written by John Waters, who wrote the song for Ireland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2007. Monika Ivkic whois Bosnian came fourth place in the fifth season of German 'Pop Idol' show – Deutschland sucht den Superstar. Lee Bradshaw came fourth in Eurosong 2009 the Irish Preselection Show for Eurovision last year with the song "So What". His song this year is composed by the well known in Eurovision circles Ralph Siegel, who as of late composed the entry for Montenegro last year. Mikey Graham, is a member of well known Irish band Boyzone and who is currently participating on the british show 'Dancing on Ice'. And finally Niamh Kavanagh who previously won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1993 with 'In Your Eyes', her song is composed partly by the team who wrote last years entry for Ireland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009.
The voting procedure to determine the winner will be 50% televoting and 50% jury voting, just like in the Eurovision Song Contest. The running order will be drawn soon.
Stay tuned to esctoday.com for the latest information…