Five unknown acts, four solo singers and one girl group, will compete to represent the Netherlands at the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest to be held in Oslo. Each of them will sing their own intepretation of the Dutch Eurovision song Ik ben verliefd (Sha-la-lie) at the televised national final Nationaal Songfestival, on February 7th.
These are the Dutch Eurovision hopefuls and their respective coaches:
- Sieneke (17), coached by Marianne Weber
- Vinzzent (33), coached by Grad Damen
- Marlous Oosting (21), coachedby Corry Konings
- Peggy Mays (20), coachedby Albert West
- LOEKZ (girl group, consisting of Dessa, Elske, Merel, Martine and Jezebe), coached by Frans Bauer
The Dutch representative will be selected by professional jury with four memebers, as well as the audience in the studio. No televoting will be involved in the selection process.
Dutch broadcaster TROS asked the 74-year-old composer Pierre Kartner to write the Dutch song for the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest.