Three well known Swedish faces will host Melodifestivalen 2010. The trio are two time finalist, MÃ¥ns ZelmerlÃ¶w , comedian Christine Meltzer and actor Dolph Lundgren! The announcement was made at a press conference held at national broadcaster SVT moments ago.
SVT were looking for several qualities in the hosts of the biggest entertainment show of the year in Swden, including the ability to host the show well, to be very popular with the national audiance, to stand for renewal, to amuse, to sing and dance.
Måns Zelmerlöw will become the youngest ever host of Melodifestivalen. He entered the competition in 2007, taking third place with Cara mia and reached the final again in 2009 with Hope and glory, topping the jury vote but missing out to Malena Ernman's La voix.
Christine is famous from her time with the shows Hey Baberiba and Fredag Hela Veckan on the rival TV4 channel. Dolph will become the show's tallest host in history. Standing at 1.96 metres. The actor made it to the international stage in Rocky IV (1984) as nemesis to Sylvester Stallone and has also appeared in He-Man, Masters of the universe, Universal soldier and Johnny Mnemonic.
GET YOUR ORDERS IN FOR CHRISTMAS DELIVERY NOW!
- Click here to purchasethe Melodifestivalen 2009 CD from CDON.COM
- Click here to purchase the Melodifestivalen 2009 Double DVD from CDON.COM
- Click here to purchase the Melodifestivalen 2008 CD from CDON.COM
- Click here to purchase the Melodifestivalen 2008 DVD from CDON.COM
- Click here to purchase the Melodifestivalen 2007 CD from CDON.COM
- Click here to purchase the Melodifestivalen 50 years double DVD from CDON.COM
- Join the esctoday.com FACEBOOK page here
- Join the esctoday.com FACEBOOK group here
Last week, Darin became the first artist confirmed to participate in Melodifestivalen 2010 as the first wildcard. SVT have yet to announce the performers of the 27 songs selected in October by the jury for the competition. The competition winner will represent Sweden at the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo.