Last weekend we already mentioned that Chiara and Soraya were added to the impressive list of performers at Eurovision in Concert 2009. Now we can reveal exclusively that Jade from UK, Sinead Mulvey & Black Daisy from Ireland, Petr Elfimov from Belarus and Elena Gheorghe from Romania will perform as well in Amsterdam on April 18!
The following 19 countries have been confirmed until so far:
- The United Kingdom:Jade – My time
- Belgium: Copycat- Copycat
- Iceland: Jóhanna – Is it true?
- Montenegro: Andrea Demirovic – Get out of my life
- Ireland:Sinead Mulvey & Black Daisy- Et Cetera
- Lithuania: Sasha Son -Love
- Denmark:Niels Brinck – Believe
- Slovenia: Quartissimo – Love Symphony
- Belarus:Petr Elfimov- Eyes that never lie
- Romania:Elena Gheorghe- The Balkan girls
- Poland: Lidia Kopania – I don't wanna leave
- Armenia: Inga & Anush – Jan jan
- Moldova: Nelly Ciobanu – Hora din Moldova
- Malta: Chiara – What if we
- Spain: Soraya – La noche es para mí
- Bulgaria: Krassimir – Illusion
- Cyprus: Christina Metaxa – Firefly
- Albania: Kejsi Tola – Carry me in your dreams
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Regina -Bistra Voda
Some more names will be announced within the next few days. Besides that, the special guests will be revealed as well within the next week. We will be the first to bring you all details of the day programme too, which is bound to become amazing.
Ticket sales and accommodation
Ticket sales have started in the meantime via the special website www.eurovisioninconcert.com International fansare offereda specialpackagedeal (hotelroom + tickets for the concert). Tickets will be priced at EURO 20,00 but OGAE members can bookthem forEURO 10,00 only until March 29 by sending an email to [email protected] Tickets at the door of venue Amsterdam Marcanti will be priced EURO 25,00.
Eurovision is Concert 2009is organised by www.esctoday.com, www.songfestival.web-log.nl, OGAE Netherlands, Bea Records, Mucho Moreand café Rouge. The aim of the event is to celebrate the 50th participation of the Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest. Besides that the organisers hope to bring the '4 times winner' back on the map for Eurovision promotours. Preliminary to the concert there will be a welcome reception and a guided tourfollowed by a press conference whereafter both Dutch and international press is invited to conduct interviews with the 2009 hopefuls.The exact details about the day programme will beannounced as soon as possible.The concert will be hosted by former representatives Marga Bult (ESC 1987) and Maggie Mc Neal (ESC 1974 and 1980).