Tonight, the Slovakian national final for the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest was held. 16 acts competed and in the end, it was decided that Kamil Mikulcík & Nela Pocisková will go to Moscow with their song Let' tmou written by R. Dubovský, Nella and Ada Zigová.
The winning song was chosen in two rounds. In the first round SMS voting chose the top three and then the jury chose the eventual winner. However, jury and televoting agreed. The results of the televoting were:
- Kamil Mikulcík & Nela Pocisková – Let' tmou (25.27%)
- Tomáš Bezdeda – Kazdý z nás(15.10%)
- Mukatado – Ja sa mám (14.73%)
- Mária Círová – Búrka(14.60%)
- Martina Schindlerová – Krídla(5.98%)
- Robo Opatovský – Prší (5.13%)
- Samo Tomecek – To Äï¿½o chceš (4.00%)
- Janais – Taram ta rej (2.47%)
- Smola a hrušky – Na com zálezí (4.46%)
- Peter Bazík a Andrea Sulovská – Nebudem stát (2.20%)
- Komajota – 7 nocí (2.11%)
- Michal Chrenko – Proti prúdu(1.59%)
- Robo Šimko & MassRiot – Môj anjel spí(1.54%)
- Andrea Zimányiová – Prines si ten kl'uc (1.51%)
- Zachariáš Hubácek – Bolo bolo(0.97%)
- VIP – Hviezdy(0.33%)
esctoday.com poll results
The poll voters did not agree with the results in the national final: Kamil Mikulcík & Nela Pocisková finished only equal 12th with 2.1%.
Slovakia will return to the Eurovision Song Contest after eleven years. The last participation to date came in 1998, when Katarina Hasprová finished 21st with her entry Modlitba getting eight points in total and all of them from Croatia. In 2009, the country will take part in the second semi final on 14th May.
The semi final performance: