Tonight, Norway will continue its search for a song for the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest with the third and last semi final being held. Another seven acts will compete for one of the spots in the national final.
The third semi final is held in Grenland. The seven acts will perform perform their songs and then televoting will choose two acts to move forward to the national final on 21st February. The third and fourth placed songs will enter the "last chance" round on 14th February. The show, which will be broadcast on NRK 1, starts at 19:55 CET and it will be hosted by Per Sundnes and Maria Haukaas Storeng, who represented the country in Belgrade last year.
A webcast will be made available on NRK's official website here before the show starts.
Composer/lyricist in brackets.
- Sichelle – Left right (Mats Lie Skåre)
- The Rebelettes – Soul train (The Rebelettes)
- Ovi – Seven seconds (Simone Larsen, Simen Æriksrud/Simone Larsen)
- Jane Helen – Shuffled (Jane Helen)
- Foxy – Do it again (Hanne Sørvaag, Harry Sommerdahl)
- Sunny – Carrie (Solgunn Ivana, Hans Petter Aaserud)
- Alexander Rybak – Fairytale (Alexander Rybak)
You can vote for your favourite in the show here.
Maria Haukaas Storeng easily won the 2008 Melodi Grand Prix final getting almost 80,000 votes more than runner-up Torstein Sødal. With the song Hold on be strong, she finished 5th in the Eurovision Song Contest in Belgrade giving Norway its best placing since 2003. The song was a #1 hit in Norway and also entered the charts in Sweden and Denmark. In 2009, Norway will take part in the second semi final on 14th May.