The second semi final of Dainu dain, the Lithuanian national selection for the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, was held tonight. Ten acts presented their songs and the top five were chosen by televoting to move forward to the national final on 14th February.
The following songs qualified tonight:
- 69 Danguje – Meiles simfonija (110 points)
- Donatas Montvydas – From the distance (95 points)
- Ruta Sciogolevaite – Redemption (88 points)
- Saules Kliosas – Saule (75 points)
- Jonas Cepulis – Uosileli zaliasai (68 points)
The following songs are eliminated from the competition:
- Fuego– Zvaigzdziu milijonai (53 points)
- Urte Silagalyte – The elegant blues (42 points)
- Asta Pilypaite & Onsa – Labas (40 points)
- Soliaris, Great & Sel – Noriu zinoti (30 points)
- VYA – I dangu (16 points)
Lithuania was represented in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest by Jeronimas Milius, who finished 16th in the second semi final thus not making it to the final. In 2009, Lithuania will take part in the second semi final on 14th May.