Rehearsals for the first semi final of Melodifestivalen 2009, Sweden's Eurovision Song Contest selection show, begin one week from today and the stage design has at last been revealed to the public. The design is supposed to be full of fantasy, without borders and provide more movement than ever before.
SVT, Sweden's national broadcaster today revealed the stage design for Melodifestivalen 2009. The stage was designed for a third year in a row by Viktor Brattström and has been in the planning stage since last summer. There are also changes to the green room format that we have seen for the last few years.
The stage itself is to provide a feeling of endlessness. We are told that "the audience will get the feeling of not knowing where the stage starts or ends, not knowing what's coming up around the corner". The well known five coloured spotlights logo will also be incorporated in the set design.
The greenroom will move to beside the stage this year, with artists sitting together on sofas with the composers sitting together in the first row of the audience.
esctoday.com will be bringing you full coverage of Melodifestivalen from the start of rehearsals next week.
- Click here to see SVT's stage images and construction (click Scenographi links)
- JOIN THE ESCTODAY.COM FACEBOOK PAGE HERE
- JOIN THE ESCTODAY.COM FACEBOOK GROUP HERE
- Click here to pre-order the Melodifestivalen 2009 CD from CDON.COM
- Click here to purchase the Melodifestivalen 2008 CD from CDON.COM
- Click here to purchase the Melodifestivalen 2008 DVD from CDON.COM
- Click here to purchase the Melodifestivalen 2007 CD from CDON.COM
- Click here to purchase the Melodifestivalen 50 years double DVD from CDON.COM
- BOOK TICKETS FOR THE UKEUROVISION SCHLAGER PARTY IN LONDON HERE