Tonight, Belarus will hold its national final for the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest. Five acts will compete for the ticket to Moscow to become the country's sixth representative in the competition.
The show will start at 20:50 CET (21:50 local time) and it will be broadcast on Channel 1 and Belarus TV hosted by Anastasia Tikhanovich and Dmitry Koldun at the Palace of Sports inMinsk. The five acts chosen in the semi final by a juryin December will present the songs and the winner will be decided by televoting inversing the format of recent years, when the semi final qualifers were chosen by televoting and the winner was decided by a jury. Ruslan Alehno (Belarus 2008) and Ani Lorak (Ukraine 2008) will perform together with Dmitry Koldun (Belarus 2007) as special guests.
A webcast can be found here.
- Petr Elfimov – Eyes that never lie (V. Prokhozhy/P. Yelfimov)
- Litesound feat. Dakota – Carry on(V. Karyakin)
- Domenika – This is my day (A. Kostugov/S. Sukhomlin)
- Gunesh – Fantastic girl (Gunesh/M. Khaitbayeva)
- Veter v Golove – Or – or – and (A. Zakharik/G. Galushko)
Ruslan Alekhno represented Belarus in Belgrade and finished 17th in the second semi final with Hasta la vista thus not reaching the final. The country has only made it to the final once so far in 2007, when Koldun reached 6th place overall.