Last Saturday Lithuania started its selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 Dainu Daina and we saw six songs out of twelve qualifying for the semi finals. The second quarter-final is taking place this Saturday, 17th January. LRT has just revealed all twelve acts to take part.
The 12 participants of the second quarter-final in running order are:
- YVA – I dangu (To the sky)
- Biplan – Ar lauksi manes? (Will you wait for me?)
- Siela – Euforija
- Kastaneda – As tik soumenas (I'm just a showman)
- Deivis – Lietuva (Lithuania)
- Urte Silagalyte – The elegant blues
- BIX – Gyvenimo valsas (Life's waltz)
- Linas Adomaitis – song unknown (Linas represented Lithuania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004 in duo with Simona)
- Taja – Keturi vejai (Four winds)
- Soliaris, Greta & SEL – Noriu zinoti (I wanna know)
- Rosita Civilyte & Donatas Montvydas – Dainu daina (Song of the songs)
- Ruta Sciogolevaite – Redemption (NF 1999, 2004, 2007)
The official website of Dainu Daina has been launched. You can listen to all the songs here.
The second quarter-final is on LTV main channelat 20:00 CET on January 17th and also at the same time on Satellite channel LTV World. The televote will again decide six qualifiers. The votes will be presented in Eurovision voting style from 10 Lithuanian regions. The winners of all three quarter-finals will go to the semi-finals that are going to take place on 31st January and 7th February. The final of Dainu Daina will be held on 14th Februaryat theLTV studios.