One year ago, former Eurovision Song Contest entrant Lara Fabian gave birth to her first child, Lou. She took some time off but she will soon be back. A new CD � originally due to be released end of 2008 � has been postponed to March 2009. It will be called Toutes les femmes en moi (All women in me). Her last studio album to date was 9, which was released in 2005.
The new album is a tribute to French-speaking female singers who have influenced Lara Fabian, as the singer explains. TFLM (Toutes les femmes en moi) is not supposed to be seen as a cover CD,but "a journey into her own world", sheexplains on her personal website.
Track list is as follows (original singer into brackets)
- Göttingen (Barbara)
- Hymne à l’amour (Edith Piaf)
- Mamy blue (Nicoletta)
- Message personnel (Françoise Hardy)
- J’ai 12 ans (Diane Dufresne – a big name in Québec)
- Il venait d’avoir 18 ans (Dalida)
- Babacar (France Gall)Ca casse (Maurane)
- L’amour existe encore (Céline Dion)
- Nuit magique (Catherine Lara)
- Soleil, soleil (Nana Mouskouri – original version Soley Soley by Middle Of The Road)
- Amoureuse (Véronique Sanson)
- Femme avec toi (Nicole Croisille – original version Donna by Mia Martini)
On 16th October, under the big top of the Alexandre Bouglione circus in Brussels, Lara performedsix of these 13 songs. Lara is the godmother of this circus and she will, as announced on Internet, will be at the closing ceremony of the second festival of circus on 22nd November.
Lara Fabian represented Luxmebourg in the Eurovision Song Contest 1988 with the song Croire. She finished 4th with 90 points.