Tonight at 21:00 CET, the second edition of the Eurovision Dance Contest will take place in Glasgow. 14 couples, each consisting of a professional dancer and a national celebrity, will try to convince the jury and the televoters to bring home the trophy.
Graham Norton and Claudia Winkleman will again present the show. Each couple will perform for two minutes before the professional jury will give its verdict. After all performances, the jury's top 10 countries will be given 48, 40, 32, 28, 24, 20, 16, 12, 8 and 4 points before the televoting starts. The countries will vote in typical Eurovision style giving 12, 10 and 8-1 points, which means that the jury has the weight of four countries voting.
Where to watch?
Apart from the participating countries, the contest will also be broadcast in the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Cyprus, FYR Macedonia and Iceland. Of course, there will also be a webcast on eurovisiondance.tv here.
These are the couples in running order along with the dance style(s) they have chosen and the song(s) they dance to.
- Sweden – Danny Saucedo & Jeanette Carlsson
Hung up (Madonna)
- Austria – Dorian Steidl & Nicole Kuntner
Slowfox & Jive
Pink Panther theme/Der Kommissar (Falco)
- Denmark – Patrick Spiegelberg & Katja Svensson
Samba, Tango, Paso Doble & contemporary Jazz Dance
Twin Peaks theme/Igen og Igen (Nephew)
- Azerbaijan – Eldar Dzhafarov & Anna Sazhina
Paso doble, Azeri folk dance, Rumba & Tango
The phantom of the opera (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
- Ireland – Gavin O'Fearraigh & Dearbhla Lennon
Paso doble, Rumba & Irish Dance
The Mama song (Kila)
- Finland – Mikko Ahti & Maria Lund
- Netherlands – Thomas Berge & Roemjana de Haan
Rumba & Show Dance
Angels (Robbie Williams/cover version)
- Lithuania – Saulius Skambinas & Karina Krysko
Rumba & Cha-cha
Teka teka skaisti saule (Traditional)
- United Kingdom – Vincent Simone & Louisa Lytton
Paso doble, Tango & Jive
Paint it black (Lee Mead)
- Russia – Alexander Litvinenko & Tatiana Navka
Cha-cha, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble & Russian national dance
Koni priveredliviye (Vladimir Vysotsky)
- Greece – Jason Roditis & Tonia Kosovich
Various Latin dances
Misirlou (Dick Dale)/Pump it (The Black Eyed Peas)
- Portugal – João Tiago & Raquel Tavares
Rumba & Tango
Tirei a sorte (Fernando Martins)
- Poland – Marcin Mroczek & Edyta Herbus
Rumba, Cha-cha & comtemporary Jazz Dance
Michael Jackson medley
- Ukraine – Serhij Kostetskiy & Liliya Podkopaeva
Jive, Rock'n'Roll & Ukrainian national dance
Last year's Eurovision Dance Contest was won by Finland. Katja Koukkulaand Jussi Väänänen convinced the televoters with a Rumba to All in love is fair by Carmen McRae and a Paso doble to The unforgiven by Apocalyptica.