Bulgarian public broadcaster BNT, along with eurovision-bg.com and OGAE Bulgaria are calling the Eurovision fans for help. The country seeks an answer to the question why Bulgaria only managed to qualify for the Eurovision final once since their debut in 2005.
The broadcaster and the fan sites promoting this initiative have prepared a special survey focused on the Bulgarian participation in the past and what should be changed in the future as well. The survey is also interested in the general taste of the Eurovision fans.
Bulgarian public broadcaster BNT confirmed the country’s participation in Eurovision 2013. With the fans’ help, they are looking to get back on track again after five years of consecutive failures.
You can find the questions below. E-mail your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What style of song do you expect from Bulgaria in 2013?
a.) Fast dance pop song;
b.) Ballad with ethnic elements;
c.) Ballad in American / Western European type;
d.) Ballad with rock elements;
f.) Jazz, soul, alternative;
g.) Fast song with ethnic elements;
h.) Other (please state);
2. [Open response] Which Bulgarian artist is most well-known or famous to you? What impresses you about their work? Note the artist’s songs that you think are appropriate for „Eurovision“.
3. [Open response] Which Bulgarian song has left the most lasting mark in your mind? What impresses you about it?
4. [Open response] Specify the best Bulgarian entry that did not qualify to the Eurovision Song Contest final.
5. Which language should Bulgarian entries to the Eurovision Song Contest be performed in?
c.) Bilingual combination of Bulgarian and English;
6. [Open response] List any flaws you think affected the song and stage presentation from the list below;
a.) „Lorraine“ (2005);
b.) „Let me cry“ (2006);
c.) „Dj, take me away“ (2008);
d.) „Illusion“ (2009);
e.) „Angel si ti / You’re angel“ (2010);
f.) „Na inat“ (2011);
g.) „Love Unlimited“ (2012);
7. [Open response] Arrange the following elements of the song presentation in order of importance: choreography, vocal performance, lighting, camera angels and stage effects (graphics, pyro effects, etc..). You can add more elements at your own discretion.
8. [Open response] Specify up to 5 songs that have impressed you most in „Eurovision“ between 2005 and 2012.
9, [Open response] Which performances in „Eurovision“ between the period 2005 to 2012 do you consider as the best in terms of production design and visual presentation?
Note the following additional information for you:
– Under 16 years;
– 16-20 years;
– 20-30 years;
– 30-45 years;
– Over 45 years;