The third gala of the Sanremo Festival in Italy will be a special one: the competing Campioni shall sing each a cover of a song that has made history in the Italian music. The covers will undergo voting and the winner of this separate competition will in turn receive a prize. The result of this cover tournament will not enter into consideration for the Grand Final on Saturday.
About the show
It is not only new songs in Sanremo. Tonight the Festival will pay homage to some of the best songs that Italy has begotten. The twenty Campioni will perform their own version of one Italian music jewel.
These are the songs that were allocated for covering to each participant in the Sanremo Festival 2015 and the original singer in brackets:
- Annalisa – Ti sento (Maria Bazar).
- Bianca Atzei – Ciao amore ciao (Luigi Tenco)
- Malika Ayane – Vivere (Vasco Rossi)
- Biggio e Mandelli (I solidi idioti) – E la vita è la vita (Cochi e Renato)
- Alex Britti – Io mi fermo qui (Dik Dik e Donatello)
- Chiara – Il volto della vita (Caterina Caselli)
- Dear Jack – Io che amo solo te (Sergio Endrigo)
- Grazia di Michele e Platinette – Alghero (Giuni Russo)
- Lara Fabian – Almeno tu nell’universo (Mia Martini)
- Lorenzo Fragola – Una città per cantare (Ron)
- Irene Grandi – Se perdo te (Patty Pravo)
- Gianluca Grignani – Vedrai vedrai (Luigi Tenco)
- Il Volo – Ancora (Edoardo De Crescenzo)
- Marco Masini – Sarà per te (Francesco Nuti)
- Moreno – Una carezza in un pugno (Adriano Celentano)
- Nek – Se telefonando (Mina)
- Nesli – Mare mare (Luca Carboni)
- Raf – Rose rosse (Massimo Ranieri)
- Anna Tatangelo – Dio come ti amo (Domenico Modugno – Gigliola Cinquetti)
- Nina Zilli – Se bruciasse la città (Massimo Ranieri)
The covers will receive the votes from the televoting and the press jury. Each one will count for 50% of the final voting. The winning cover will receive an award.
The Campioni will also have a chance to perform a fragment of their competing songs, which are also in the race for representing the Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest this year. There will not be any voting for these entries tonight.
The remaining artists of the Nuove Proposte will perform tonight, too, and they will compete in the same manner the first 4 did yesterday: the artists will be distributed in pairs. The two singers in each pair will compete against each other. Their performances will be evaluated by the televoting and the press jury at 50% each. The two resulting winners (one from each pair of artists) will be in the Nuove proposte semi-final tomorrow.
Carlo Conti, Arisa and the Eurovision past participant Emma Marrone will guide the audience through the third Sanremo gala.
How to watch[alert-info]
The Cover gala of the Sanremo Festival will start tonight at 20:20 CET. You can follow it live through these channels:
- Rai webcast
- Rai HD
- Rai Radio 1
- Rai Radio 2
The Sanremo Festival Cover gala will be count with the guest artists Saint Motel who will sing My type, and the legendary band Spandau Ballet, who will be promoting their album released in October The very best of Spandau Ballet: The Story.
Sanremo 2015 Agenda
10/02 – Sanremo Notte 1 11/02 – Sanremo Notte 2
- 12/02 – Sanremo Notte 3
- 13/03 – Sanremo Notte 4 (Semi-final of Campioni with twenty acts)
- 14/02 – Sanremo Notte 5 (Grand Final of Sanremo 2015 with sixteen acts)
The winner of the Sanremo Festival Campioni might be the Italian representative in the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest 2015. Should the winner decline being the Italian entrant, the organizers will be able to choose among the remaining participants.
The information on Sanremo is available from the official Sanremo Festival website. Official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages are also active for you to follow the Festival and leave your comments with the hashtag #sanremo2015.
ESCToday wishes to thank eurofestivalia.net.