Tonight, the national broadcaster of FYR Macedonia MRT will air their national final Skopje Fest. The show will take place at 20:15 CET.
Hosted by Vasil Zafricev at the Metropol Arena in Skopje, a total of 20 participants will perform their entries to the public who will then vote for their favourite act. The entry will be selected via a 50/50 televote/jury deliberation, however the jury have already submitted their votes on the 11 November during the general dress rehearsal. The entry that receives the most votes will win the 2014 Skopje Fest and will therefore be chosen to represent FYR Macedonia at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in the host city of Vienna, Austria.
How to watch[alert-info]The show will be aired at 20:15 CET on the following channels.
The participants are listed in order of the official running order.
- Lena Zatkoska – Alo (Hello)
- Tanja Carovska – Ako mi se vratis (If you return to me)
- Danijel Kajmakovski – Esenski lisja (Autumn leaves)
- Vera Jankovik – Se plasham (I’m scared)
- Risto Samardziev & Vlatko Ilievski – Sever-jug (North-south)
- Evgenija Cancalova – Da ne te sakam (If I don’t love you)
- Aleksandra Mihova – Srce cuva spomeni (Heart keeps memories)
- Lidija Kocovska & Marjan Stojanovski – Sonce niz oblaci (Sunshine through the clouds)
- Joce Panov – Ni lj od ljubovta (Neither ‘L’ form love)
- Goran Naumovski & Sanja Kerkez – Mig bez tebe (A moment without you)
- Aleksandar Tarabunov & Toni Mihajlovski – Marija (Maria)
- Aleksandra Janeva – Vo tvojot svet (In your world)
- Miyatta – Zaljuben (In love)
- Tamara Todevska – Brod sto tone (Sinking ship)
- Sanja Gjosevska – Sakam da letam (I want to fly)
- Nade Talevska – Znam (I know)
- Viktorija Loba – Edna edinstvena (One and only)
- Verica Pandilovska – Samo za tebe (Just for you)
- Nina Janeva – Bluz za… (Blues for…)
- Dimitar Andonovski – Se shto ti vetiv (Everything I promised)
Want to find out more about the participating artists? Read more here in our Meet the Skopje Festival participants article.
Earlier this month, MRT revealed to ESCToday that two former Eurovision participants would perform as the interval acts during the national final – Karolina Goceva (FYR Macedonia 2002 & 2007) and Kaliopi (FYR Macedonia 2012).
The story so far
FYR Macedonia officially debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest when Vlado Janevski was selected to represent his country at the competition in the host city of Birmingham, the United Kingdom. With his entry Ne zori, zoro, Vlado received a total of 16 points ending in 19th position.
FYR Macedonia’s best result to date was in 2006 when Elena Risteska represented her country with her song Ninanajna. Qualifying to the grand final, Elena ended in 12th place with a total of 56 points.
Last year, Tijana was internally selected to represent FYR Macedonia at the Eurovision Song Contest with her entry To the sky. Performing in the second semi-final, Tijana received a total of 33 points where she ended in 13th position, therefore failing to qualify to the grand final.