RTSH, the Albanian national broadcaster, has informed ESCToday the names of the 28 artists who have been selected for the final stage of Festivali i Këngës 2014.
Earlier this week, RTSH revealed to ESCToday that they had received around 50 entries for the 53rd Festivali i Këngës. Below is a list of the 28 confirmed acts and participants.
- Jozefina Simoni – Mendje trazi
- Gjergj Leka – Himn
- Mersela Cibukaj – Smuj
- Lindita Halimi – S’te fal
- Rezarta Smaja – Vetem ti
- Mjellma Berisha – Sot jetoj
- Revolt Klan – Me mungon
- Julian Gjojdeshi – Himn jetes
- Erga Halilaj – Ti sme njeh
- Kozma Dushi – Kenga jeta jone
- Enxhi & Xhejn Kumrija – Njeri
- Ana Gramo – Ne koma
- Agim Poshka – Ne rrugen tone
- Florent Abrashi & Sigi Bastri – Eklips mbi oqean
- Bojken Lako Band – Te ndjej
- Kelly – Nese ti do
- Venera Lumani – Dua te jetoj
- Emi Bogdo – Nje femer
- Kladi Musabelliu – Vetem te ti besoj
- Besjana Mehmeti & Shkodran Tolaj – Keshtjella
- Andos Sinani – Me shiko drejt ne sy
- Gr. Offchestra – Bajram
- Elhaida Dani – Te kerkoj
- Saimir Braho – Kristal
- Altin Goci – Rock dhe per gjithe jeten
- Gr. Aurora – Maria
- Enver Petrovci – Te vrane bukuri
- Besa Krasniqi – Koha kalon
A total of 14 artists will compete in each semi-final on the 26 and 27 December. Out of the 14 participating acts, between 8 to 9 acts will qualify from the semi-finals to the grand final of the event, therefore meaning that a total of either 16 to 18 acts will battle it out against each other in the final show which will take place on the 28 December.
Earlier this month, RTSH confirmed to ESCToday that Albania will most likely participate at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in the host city of Vienna, Austria. Albania will select its 2015 Eurovision entry via Festivali i Këngës if the country is to participate at next year’s contest. The 2014 Festivali i Këngës shows will take place on the 26, 27 and 28 December in the city of Tirana.
Last year, Hersi was selected to represent Albania via Festivali i Këngës with her entry One night’s anger.