MRT, the FYR Macedonian national broadcaster of the Eurovision Song Contest, have released the names of the 20 artists who will be taking part in the 2014 Skopje Fest later this year in November.
Earlier today, MRT confirmed to ESCToday that the FYR Macedonian national final Skopje Fest had been preponed to the 12 November, a day earlier than its original scheduled date. MRT have received around 200 entries for the national final which have since been narrowed down to 20 entries. Check out which artists have been selected to participate in the 2014 Skopje Fest below.
- Risto Samardziev & Vlatko Ilievski – North–South
- Lena Zatkoska – Hello
- Aleksandra Janeva – In your world
- Nade Talevska – I know
- Sanja Gjoshevska – I want to fly
- Viktorija Loba – I’m missing someone like you
- Goran Naumovski & Sanja Kerkez – A moment without you
- Lidija Kochovska & Marjan Stojanovski – Sunshine through the clouds
- Vera Jankovikj – I want to fly
- Evgenija Chanchalova – If I don’t love you
- Daniel Kajmakoski – Perfect storm
- Tamara Todevska – Sinking ship
- Aleksandar Tarabunov & Toni Mihajlovski – Maria
- Dimitar Andonovski – Everything I promised
- Verica Pandilovska – Just for you
- Tanja Carovska – I miss you like hell
- Myatta – Deep down inside me
- Joce Panov – Neither “L” form love
- Aleksandra Mihova – Heart keeps memories
- Sasho Gigov–Gish – Blues
The 20 acts will compete against each other in a bid to represent their country at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, Austria. The FYR Macedonian entry will be selected via a 50/50 public-jury deliberation.
FYR Macedonia officially debuted at the contest in 1998 in the host city of Birmingham when Vlado Janevski was selected to represent his country with the song Ne zori, zoro. FYR Macedonia’s best result to date was when Elena Risteska represented her country in 2006 with her song Ninanajna, ending in 12th position with a total of 56 points.
Tijana, with her song To the sky, was internally selected to represent FYR Macedonia at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest in the host city of Copenhagen. Competing in the second semi-final, Tijana ended in 13th position with a total of 33 points, therefore failing to qualify to the grand final.