BRTC announced today the 15 songs and performers that will be represented in the Belarussian national final Eurofest for the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest. As earlier reported, Angelica Agurbash will not be in the selection, but some other former competitors will once again try to represent their country.
The complete list:
- Borneo – Fingertips (A. Tcharykov)
- New Generation – Belarus (A. Kravchenko)
- Diana Gurtskaya – How long (K. Breitburg / K. Kavaleryan)
- Dimitry Koldun – Angel mechty (D. Koldun / D. Lis)
- Lena – Call me (September11th) (S. Zhdanovich / E. Melnikov)
- Natalia Tamelo – So badly high (L. Shirin / Y. Rakitin)
- The Project – S.U.P.E.R.S.T.A.R. (B. Vartanyan)
- Irina Yarina – Krotkiy dozhd (L. Shirin / Y. Rakitin)
- Victor Pshenichniy – Sooner or later (A. Nabeev)
- Oleg Karpenko – I feel good tonight (R. Kozyrev)
- Dali – Mechtai so mnoy(V. Rudenko)
- Svayaki – Saldoki myodzik (A. Zaitsev)
- Anna Sharkunova – Sorvatsa i viniz (V. Penzin / V. Kubyschkin)
- Litesound band– Summer trip (D. Karyakin / V. Karyakin)
- Natalia Lapteva – Tears (N. Lepteva)
Litesound (My faith, 6th place), Dali (Europe's heart's groove, 10th place) and Dmitry Koldun (Maybe, 8th place) took part in the 2006 Belarussian final. Natalia Tamelo particpated the year before, finishing third with the song My love is sweet poison. Irina Yarina participated in the 12th semi final of the Ukrainian selcetion in 2005 with the song Pisnya kohannya. She finished third and therefore didn't make it to the final round.
The Belarussian Final will be held in December withtwo orthree of the songsgoing forward to an internal selection in January or February where a jury willdecide forthe winner.Two songs will be chosen for the internal selection bya jury, plus anotherone chosen by televoting. If the winner of the televote is also one of the chosen songsof the jury, there will be just two songs going forward.
Belarus is one of the six unlucky countries that failed to qualify in every semi final broadcast so far. Having entered the contest for the first time in 2004, they saw their bet placing in 2005: Angelica Agurbash finished 13th with her song Love me tonight. In 2006, Polina Smolova achieved a disappointing 22nd place, which means that Belarus will have to enter the semi final once again in Helsinki.