fbpx

Cyprus chooses 'Ela ela'

by roel 104 views

Constantinos Christoforou will represent Cyprus with the song Ela ela, one of the four songs he presented to the Cypriot television viewers tonight. Constantinos Christoforou composed the song himself and wrote the lyrics to it. The backing vocals on Ela ela are by Elena Patroklou, who represented Cyprus in 1991.

During a show hosted by Tasos Trifonos and Eleni Manousaki, Constantinos Christoforou performed four songs for Kiev: the Greek dance track Slow, the rock song She is no fool, the ballad If you go and to end with Ela ela, another Greek dance track with ethnical influences.

Two of the songs were written by Constantinos Christoforou himself, the two other songs by Mike Connaris, composer of last year's Cypriot entry Stronger every minute, performed by Lisa Andreas. The composers of each entry however weren't revealed in order not to influence the voting. 60% of the results have been decided by televoting, the other 40% by a professional jury.

When Ela ela was announced as the Cypriot Eurovision Song Contest entry for Kiev, it was revealed that Constantinos Christoforou had written the song himself. The other songs were:

01. Slow (Constantinos Christoforou)
02. She is no fool (Mike Connaris)
03. If you go (Mike Connaris)
04. Ela ela (Constantinos Christoforou)

Guest stars in the Cypriot national final were last year's Eurovision Song Contest winner Ruslana, the Cypriot Eurovision Song Contest representative of 1992 and 1994 Evridiki, and the popular Greek singer and composer Dimitris Corgialas. Together with Daphne Bokota, Evi Papamichael (Cypriot Head of Delegation), Sokratis Soumelas (EMI Records) and Nikos Nikolaou, the three guest stars were part of the professional jury. Furthermore Constantinos performed songs from his second solo album Idiotiki Parastasi.

Cyprus is directly qualified for the final of the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest, to take place on 21st May in Kiev.

ESCToday is growing and always looks for new members to join our team! Feel free to drop us a line if you're interested! Use the Contact Us page or send us an email at vacancies@esctoday.com!