Thomas has won Eurovision Junior 2004 – La sélection, the French selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2004 to be held in Lillehammer. France 3 had made a great effort to produce a good show but however missed the point of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. No songs written by the children, but a simple soundmix show decided over the French representative.
The show was devided into two parts. To start with the eleven finalists sang a song of their choice. Three of them were selected to proceed to a second round by 50% telvoting and 50% professional jury. These were the eleven finalists, followed by the song they performed:
01. Cindy (11) | Zazie – Rue de la paix
02. Joris (10) | Jean Jacques Goldman – J'irais au bout de mes rêves
03. Lucie (14) | Edith Piaf – Mon manège à moi
04. Jullian & Marine (10-11) | Indochine – J'ai demandé à la lune
05. Julien (15) | Dany Brillant – Suzette
06. Les J.A.M.M.E. | Pascal Obispo – Fan
07. Julie (13) | Hélène Ségara – Il y a trop de gens qui t'aiment
08. Tiffanie (10) | Petula Clark- La gadoue
09. Thomas (14) | Téléphone – Un autre monde
10. Axelle (15) | Fabienne Thibault – Le monde est stone
11. Marion & Julia (15) | Lio – Les brunes comptent pas pour des prunes
Thomas, Julie and Axelle were the three finalists who proceded to the second round. In this round they had to sing a song again, this time completely acapella!
� Thomas | Jacques Brel – Amsterdam
� Julie | Hélène Ségara – Mrs Jones
� Axelle | Edith Piaf – L'hymne à l'amour
The France 3 audience got another opportunity to cast their vote by phone and together with the professional jury they selected Thomas as winner of Eurovision Junior 2004 – La sélection. Thomas is 14 years old and lives in Buis-les-Barronies (Department of la Drôme).
Due to this peculiar selection procedure of France 3, Thomas still faces the job of writing a song. After his victory he said to have some ideas. France's favourite junior singer has been chosen, the question however rests if France will like his song too…