Do you hear them calling? It’s Iceland again! The second semi-final of Söngvakeppnin goes live from the Nordic island. And something tells us that it is gonna be a night to remember.
Good evening Reykjavík! Tonight we move to Iceland for the second semi final of Söngvakeppnin 2019, the Icelandic national selection to the Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv next May.
As announced a few weeks ago, five songs will perform in tonight’s semi-final:
- Elli Grill, Skaði and Glymur – Jeijó, keyrum alla leið
- Friðrik Ómar – Hvað ef ég get ekki elskað? / What if I can’t have love?
- Ívar Daníels – Þú bætir mig / Make me whole
- Tara Mobee – Betri án þín / Fighting for love
- Heiðrún Anna Björnsdóttir – Helgi / Sunday boy
Only two acts will advance to the grand final, joining the two acts already qualified from the first semi final.
Where to watch
The second semi final of Söngvakeppnin 2019 will air tonight at 20:45 CET (19:45 local time) on RÚV 1.
The Icelandic representative to the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 will be determined through the national selection called Söngvakeppning. The Grand Final is scheduled on 2 March live from Laugardalshöll.
09/2 – Semi final 1 – Háskólabíó
- 16/2 – Semi-final 2 – Háskólabíó
- 02/3 – Grand Final – Laugardalshöll