Lithuania’s search for their 2019 Eurovision hopeful is well and truly underway and we are all looking forward to finding out who will be the winner of this long and multi-stage process! Tonight sees the third heat of Eurovizija 2019 event, with 13 acts competing for 6 spots in the semi-finals!
Heat 3 was filmed a couple of days ago at the LRT studios and the jury’s votes have already been cast. The 3-member jury is consisting of Ramūnas Zilnys (LRT music expert), Vytautas Bikus (composer) and Jonas Nainys (producer and DJ).
Tonight’s line-up comes as follows:
- Laimingu Būti Lengva – Pasaulio vidury (Jury: 0 points)
- Voldemars Petersons – Dancing with the stars (Jury: 2 points)
- La forza – Leisk tave paguosti (Jury: 0 points)
- Sofija Eitutytė – My 7th life (Jury: 3 points)
- Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio Dantys – Mažulė (Jury: 6 points)
- Dagna – The rush (Jury: 4 points)
- Jurgis Brūzga – CTRL ALT DELETE (Jury: 5 points)
- Kali – Don‘t B3long (Jury: 2 points)
- Cheri – Again (Jury: 8 points)
- 120 – No doubt (Jury: 0 points)
- Monika Marija – Criminal (Jury: 10 points)
- Jurijus – Run with the lions (Jury: 12 points)
- Jurgis DID & Erica Jennings – Sing! (Jury: 8 points)
The 6 winners of the evening, which will join the already 12 qualified acts, will be decided by both the jury’s votes as well as the public, each having a 50% stake.
How to watch
The show will air tonight at 20:00 CET (21:00 local time) and you may watch it through:
- LRT Lituanica
- LRT Televizija HD
- Live from LRT’s official page
Lithuania at Eurovision
Under the same national selection format, Lithuania decided to take part and send a representative to the 63rd Eurovision Song Contest, held in the Portuguese capital, Lisbon. The young singer Ieva Zasimauskaitė was the lucky winner of Eurovizija 2018, with her ballad song When we’re old.
The rehearsals’ beginning in Lisbon and her qualification to the Grand Final, saw Ieva climbing much higher than probably expected to the bookers’ preferences, even inside the Top 5 of the contest. Following an extraordinary and romantic performance with her husband joining her on stage in the end, Ieva finally came 12th in the Grand Final, with a total of 181 points.
The 64th Eurovision Song Contest will be taking place on 14, 16 and 18 May at the EXPO International Convention Center in Tel Aviv, Israel. The contest will be hosted by Bar Refaeli, Assi Azar, Lucy Ayoub and Erez Tal.