We are off to the sunny shores of Spain tonight for Operación Triunfo’s sixth show aka Gala #5 where the thirteen remaining OT 2018 candidates continue their battle for the coveted trophy.
The search for the 2019 Spanish Eurovision hopeful continues in Spain this evening with OT 2018’s Gala #5 scheduled to be held this evening.
Spain is the first country to have kicked off its quest to search for its Eurovision 2019 hopeful with a televised show, followed by Malta who is set to choose its ESC 2019 hopeful via X Factor Malta.
Last week saw the show’s third eviction, Joan Garrido left the academy and joined Alfonso and Africa in the list of evicted participants. Now thirteen hopefuls remain in the competition with yet another eviction set to take to place tonight.
How to watch?
You can watch Operación Triunfo Gala #5 via the following channels at 22:30 CEST:
- TVE 1
- TVE HD
- TVE Internacional (Africa/Europe)
- TVE 1 webcast
Tonight will see the fourth eviction of OT 2018, Dave and Carlos Right are both in the hot seat since last week, one of them will be eliminated. The key decision lies in the hands of the Spanish audience who will vote for their favourite candidate.
The OT 2018 hopefuls will perform cover songs during tonight’s show:
- Carlos– Tip Toe (Jason Derulo)
- Dave – Créeme ( Vicente Feliú & Silvio Rodríguez)
- Natalia & Julia– Pienso en tu mira ( Rosalia)
- Alba & Famous: Fast car ( Tracy Chapman) (vs Jonas Blue ft Dakota)
- Damion & Sabela: Volar (Macaco)
- María & Noelia– Ex’s & Oh’s (Elle King)
- Marilia–Rather be (Clean Bandit & Jess Glyne)
- Miki –El patio ( Pablo López)
- Marta– Y nos dieron las diez ( Joaquín Sabina)
The show will be hosted by Roberto Leal.
This week Miriam Rodriguez (OT 2017) and Vance Joy will be attending tonight’s gala and mesmerising the Spanish audience with their latest music.
During the show the 13 candidates will show off their vocal skills and will undergo the following elimination procedure after their respective performaces during tonight’s gala:
- The Spanish audience will save their favorite candidate from the jury’s deliberation
- The OT 2018 four member jury will select 7 candidates to proceed to the next show and nominate 4 candidates to leave the academy.
- The teacher committee will save 1 candidate out of the 4 nominees
- The 9 participants will save 1 candidate out of the remaining 3 nominees.
- The last two nominees will be in the hot seat for a week and will undergo a public deliberation, the candidate with the least public votes will be eliminated from the competition the following week.
- Alba Reche
- Carlos Right
Operación Triunfo and Eurovision
2019 will see Spain select its Eurovision act and entry for the 5th time via Operacion Triunfo, having used this mechanism in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2018.
OT 2018 will determine the 2019 Spanish Eurovision representative, all 16 OT participants will be eligible to defend the Spanish colours in Tel Aviv.
One of 16 OT 2018 will follow Alfred & Amaia‘s footsteps and fly the Spanish flag at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv.