Melodifestivalen hits Linköping as the third semifinal of the Swedish selection for Eurovision 2011 is to take place tonight. The show will see eight acts competing for two spots in the final set to take place in Globen Arena, Stockholm.
Marie Serneholt and Rickard Olsson will host the show broadcast on SVT at 20:00 CET. Eight contestants will compete as two of them will qualify directly to the final while the songs that ranks third and fourth will make it to the second chance show.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Melodifestivalen tour of four qualifying heats. The Swedish entry for the Eurovision Song Contest is selected during a tour that takes the show to different parts of Sweden, getting the whole country involved and has helped in making Melodifestivalen the biggest entertainment show on Swedish TV.
How to watch
- Live on SVT1 at 20:00 CET
- Webcast(SVT official)
- Linda Sundblad –Lucky you(Linda Sundblad, Johan Bobäck, Fredrik Thomander, Anders Wikström)
- Simon Forsberg –Tid att andas(Fredrik Kempe)
- Sara Lumholdt –Enemy(Niclas Lundin, Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad)
- The Playtones –The king(Fredrik Kempe, Peter Kvint)
- Shirley's Angels (Shirley Clamp) –I thought it was forever(Robin Abrahamsson, Alexander Bard, Bobby Ljunggren, Henrik Wikström)
- Sebastian Karlsson –No one else could(Andreas Alfredsson Grube, Sebastian Karlsson)
- Sara Varga –Spring för livet(Sara Varga, Fredrik Boström)
- Eric Saade –Popular(Fredrik Kempe)
Have your say
You can vote for your favourite act in the third semifinal of Melodifestivalen in our pollhere.