The Italian extravaganza show Sanremo festival kicked-off last night. Fourteen acts went on stage for the first time and the panel of over 300-member of the jury voted for twelve songs. The show was hosted by the Italian popular singer Gianni Morandi accompanied by Luca, Paolo and the two female beauties Elisabetta Canalis and Belen Rodriguez.
The festival opened by the fabulous Antonella Clerici who spoke about the colourful history owned by the Sanremo festival. Fourteen acts went on stage of the Ariston theatre. Two acts ended their run in the festival but they still have a chance of competing in the upcoming nights of the festival. Surprisingly enough Anna Oxa (Italy 1989) didn’t make it. The other singer that was not announced as a qualifier was Anna Tatangelo.
The qualified acts
- Luca Madonia with Franco Battiato – L'Alieno
- Max Pezzali – Il mio secondo tempo
- Roberto Vecchioni – Chiamami ancora amore
- Tricarico – 3 colori
- Albano Carrisi – Amanda è libera
- Nathalie – Vivo sospesa
- Modá with Emma Marrone – Arriverá
- Davide Van De Sfroos – Yanez
- Patty Pravo – Il vento e le rose
- Giusy Ferreri – Il mare immenso
- La Crus – Io confesso
- Luca Barbarossa and Raquel del Rosario – Fino in fondo
Tonight the 60th edition of the Sanremo festival will continue with the newcomers taking the stage for the first time. The show starts at 21:10 CET on Rai 1, Rai 1 Italy and Rai International (via satellite Hotbird and Astra). Italy won the Eurovision Song Contest twice and will return in the contest after an absence of thirteen years.