PBS has just announced the twenty-four acts for the Malta Eurovision Festival 2011. A combination of established singers and newcomers will compete for the ticket to Dusseldorf. The national broadcaster will hold the final on 12th February in the capital city, Valletta.
The twenty-four acts will compete in the preliminary televised-show on Friday 11th February. Sixteen songs will advance to the final on Saturday. A mixture of a professional jury and public vote will decide upon Malta’s 24th representative/s in the Eurovision Song Contest.
The twenty-four qualified acts (singer / title / composer /author)
01. Amber – Catch 22 (Ray Agius, Godwin Sant)
02. Jessica Muscat – Down Down Down (Philip Vella, Jessica Muscat)
03. Wayne Micallef – Everybody Sing (Wayne Micallef, Wayne Micallef)
04. Richard Edwards – Finally (Jan Van Dijck, Richard Micallef)
05. Cherise Grixti – Heart of Glass (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
06. Marilena Gauci – He's a Demon (Michael Henry, Anthony Grech)
07. Eleanor Cassar – Hypnotized (Paul Giordimania , Fleur Balzan)
08. Raquela If I Could Do It All Again (Marc Paelnick, Mathias Strasser)
09. Domenique Azzopardi – I'll Follow the Sunshine (Ralph Siegel, Dr. Bernd Meinunger)
10. Jamie Tonna – Lost Without You (Marco Debono, Aidan O'Connor)
11. Kelly Schembri – Love Me Like Your Money (Sven Lundhol, Gerard James Borg)
12. Sophie Debattista – Love to Love You (Elton Zarb, Sophie Debattista)
13. Baklava – Mood Dance (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
14. Claudia Faniello – Movie in my Mind (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
15. Fabrizo Faniello – No Surrender (Johan Stentorp , Johan Bederholm)
16. Ally – Numb (Ally, Ally)
17. Glen Vella – One Life (Paul Giordimania, Fleur Balzan)
18. Kurt Calleja – Over and Over (Johan J'atmberg, Kurt Calleja)
19. Klinsmann Coleiro / Benjamin Darmanin – This Love (Klinsmann Coleiro, Jonathan Spiteri)
20. J.Anvil – Topsy Turvy (Jonas Gladnikoff / Niall Mooney / Andrew Zahra, Deo Grech / Natasha Turner)
21. Amber – Touch Wood (Ray Agius, Alfred Sant)
22. Anna Azzopardi – Unfaithful (Renato Briffa, Keith Zammit)
23. Petra Zammit – Unintentional (Elton Zarb, Rita Pace)
24. Rosman Pace – You'll Never Know (Steven D. Cook, Jordan Milnes
The twenty-four songs will be aired for the first time next Friday on PBS. The two shows scheduled for next month will be hosted by Keith Demicoli and Valerie Vella. In the past both of them hosted the Maltese national final. Valerie Vella also took the seat in the commentating booth in the past two editions of the Eurovision Song Contest.
The national final will return to Valletta since it will take place at the Mediterranean Conference Centre. This is the first time since 2006 that the most prestigious singing competition on the island will be held at MCC. esctoday.com is informed that there were last minute changes since PBS decided to organise the show in Valletta instead in the Malta Fairs & Conventions Centre (larger venue) at Ta’ Qali.
Last year Malta was represented by Thea Garrett who failed to qualify to the final with her song My Dream