RTSH, the Albanian public broadcaster, has announced to esctoday.com the composition of the jury that will assess the acts competing in the 49th edition of the national selection for Eurovision, Festivali i Këngëes.
There will betwodifferent juries in Festivali i Këngës 49, one to choose a group of songs from the "established singers" category and the other one to choose another group of songs from the "newcomer" group.
In each semi final, 16 songs from the established singers and 3 songs from the newcomers category will be presented.From each semi-final, 8 songsfrom the established singers and 2 songs from the newcomers category will qualify for the final.
The professionaljury that will select 8finalists from the established singers contains 7 members from different fields:
- Aleksandër Peçi (composer, one of the most important figures of the contemporary Albanian classical music)
- Edison Miso (composer and instrumentist of the RTSH orchestra)
- David Tukiçi (composer and singer)
- Manjola Nallbani (singer and winner of FiK in 1989, 1992 and 1993)
- Robert Radoja (pianist and songwriter)
- Artan Minarolli (producer and film director)
- Edmond Tullumani (producer)
The jury that will select2finalists from thenewcomerscategory contains5 members:
- Gerta Heta (singer and hostess)
- Jerida Sakaj (radio presenter)
- Andi Islami (radio director)
- Evis Trebicka (producer)
- Suada Braho (actress)
Festivali i Këngës 49 will be held over three nights, staring tomorrow, December 23rd, until December 25th.