Boa noite Europa, this is Lisbon calling! Tonight we are heading to the 2018 Eurovision host city where the second semi-final of the 2018 Festival da Cançao is scheduled to be held.
We are sailing to Portugal this evening! The 2018 Eurovision host nation is gearing up for the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest and will be kicking off its traditional national selection Festival da Canção this evening.
RTP, the Portuguese national broadcaster promises to showcase an extraordinary and entertaining show tonight, in its quest to find the act who will follow Salvador Sobral’s footsteps and represent Portugal at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon.
How to watch?
You can watch Festival Da Cançao 2018′ second semi-final live from 22:00 CET (21:00 local time) on the following channels:
- RTP 1
- RTP International
- RTP Africa
- RTP America
- RTP Asia
- RTP webcast
About the show
The second semi-final of Festival da Cançao will be held today at RTP’s Studio 1 in Lisbon and will be hosted by Sónia Araújo and Tânia Ribas de Oliveira.
A further 13 acts will battle for the golden ticket to the Grand Final of Festival da Cançao 2018 during tonight’s show. The top 7 acts after a special jury/televoting deliberation will proceed to the Grand Final of FdC and join last week’s finalists in Guimaraes.
- Susana Travassos (Aline Frazão) – A Mensageira
- Lili (Armando Teixeira) – O Voo das Cegonhas
- Sequin (Bruno Cardoso) – All Over Again
- Tamin (Capicua) – Sobre Nós
- Diogo Piçarra (Diogo Piçarra) – Canção do Fim
- David Pessoa (Francisco Rebelo) – Amor Veloz
- Cláudia Pascoal (Isaura) – O Jardim
- Rita Marques (João Afonso) – Anda Daí
- Dora Fidalgo (Miguel Ângelo) – Arco-Íris
- Minnie & Rhayra (Paulo Flores) – Patati Patata
- Maria Inês Paris (Tito Paris) – Bandeira Azul
- Daniela Onís (Daniela Onís) – Para Lá do Rio
- Peter Serrado (Peter Serrado) – Sunset
The special jury will play a key role in selecting the 14 finalists who will go to the Grand Final of FdC 2018. The combined vote of the jury and public televoting will determine the 14 lucky hopefuls who will battle for the golden ticket to Lisbon. 7 acts from each semi-final will proceed to the Grand Finale.
- Júlio Isidro (chairperson of jury)
- Ana Bacalhau (singer)
- Carlão (singer)
- Luísa Sobral (singer/Portugal 2017)
- Sara Tavares (singer/Portugal 1994)
- Ana Markl (radio host)
- Mário Lopes (journalist)
- Tozé Brito (composer)
- António Avelar Pinho (composer)
Festival da Cançao 2018
The 2018 edition of Festival da Cançao (FdC) will consist of 3 shows which will be aired on 18, 25 February (semi-finals) and 4 March (Grand Final).
The first 2 shows of FdC 2018 will be held at the RTP studios in Lisbon, whilst the grand final will be travelling outside the Portuguese capital, namely to Guimarães.
We will be heading to the north of Portugal in order to select the 2018 Eurovision hopeful who will follow Salvador Sobral’s footsteps.
The Grand Final of Festival da Cançao will take place on 4 March at the Pavilhão Multiusos de Guimarães in Guimarães. A total of 14 acts will fight for the right to fly the Portuguese colours at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon. The gala will be hosted by Filomena Cautela (Eurovision 2018 host) and Pedro Fernandes
Festival da Cançao 2018 agenda
- 18/02: Semi-final 1 (13 participants, 7 finalists)
- 25/02: Semi-final 2 (13 participants, 7 finalists)
- 04/03: Final (14 finalists, 50/50 regional jury-televoting deliberation)