Thunder and lightning it’s getting exciting in Spain! TVE is all set to bring about an extraordinary show when Operación Triunfo hits Spanish TV screens next Monday. Preparations for the forthcoming 2018 Spanish national final are in full swing in Barcelona.
TVE is all set to select its Eurovision act and entry for Lisbon; the Spanish broadcaster will be airing a special pre-Eurovision show today Monday 29 January at 21:00 CET, just before the national final.
How to watch?
The pre-show will be streamed live at 21:00 CET on the following channels:
The show will be hosted by Gemma Lopez and will feature a line up of special guests who will evaluate and comment about the nine potential Spanish Eurovision entries competing in the national final.
- Rosa Lopez (Spain 2002)
- Ruth Lorenzo (Spain 2014)
- Wally Lopez
- Lorena Gomez
The show will be 1 hour long and will feature a live feeds with the Operación Triunfo (OT) academy and the OT Studios in Barcelona where the competing composers, Luisa Sobral (Portugal 2017), Conchita Wurst (Eurovision winner 2014), Manel Navarro (Spain 2017), Noemi Galera (Director of OT Academy), OT 2017 teachers and former OT participants will share their comments and thoughts regarding their experiences and the Spanish national final.
Spanish national final
- The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be held in Barcelona on Monday 29 January and will be aired live at 22:35 CET on TVE 1, TVE International. The gala will also be streamed live on rtve.es. The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be part of the OT 2017 shows.
- The show will be hosted by Roberto Leal, one of Spain’s most sought after tv presenters
- A total of six acts and nine songs will battle for the golden ticket to Lisbon
- The 2018 Spanish Eurovision entry and act will be determined solely via a 100% public televoting deliberation
- The Grand Finale of Operación Triunfo has been set on Monday 5 February.