Today, the organisers of Viva Eurovision festival in Israel have made public more details on the event. Johnny Logan, three-times Eurovision winner for Ireland (1980, 1987 and 1992 as a composer), will be honoured along with Hamutal Ben Zeev, author of the Israeli entries Ole ole (1985) and Amen (1995). Also, the list of participating songs in the festival has been disclosed.
For the tribute to Johnny Logan and Hamutal Ben Zeev, singers having participated in the show A star is born will perform.
Regarding this, Ben Zeev told leading news website Walla: "I am excited, grateful and appreciate all those who decided to pay me that honour. I especially liked the competition, this year marks exactly 25 years since my first participation in the Eurovision Song Contest with Ole ole. This framework contributes to create and develop new Israeli music. Israeli attempts to take part in the competition always arouse interest and excitement in the country. People like it, after all."
Meanwhile, the list of participating songs at Viva Eurovision has been revealed. The list features songs having entered the Eurovision Song Contest in the past:
- En un mundo nuevo (Spain 1971)
- Poupée de cire, poupée de son (Luxembourg 1965)
- Elle était si jolie (France 1963)
- My time (United Kingdom 2009)
- Non ho l'età (Italy 1964)
- Unsubstantial blues (Hungary 2007)
- Yassou Maria (Greece 2007)
- Ding-a-dong (The Netherlands 1975)
- In your eyes (Ireland 1993)
- Senhora do mar (Portugal 2008)
- Is it true? (Iceland 2009)
Viva Eurovision will take place throughout the country, between 20th and 29th May.