fbpx

The Netherlands send Sieneke to Eurovision

by . . 61 views

Tonight, the Dutch national final was held. Five acts were competing and a jury of four, together with the people in audience decided that Sieneke will represent the Netherlands at this year's Eurovision Song Contest, to be held in Oslo.

Five acts were singing their own, individual versions of Pierre Kartner's songIk ben verliefd (Shalalie).

The four jury members- radio DJ Daniël Dekker, singer and actress Tatjana Simic, singer George Baker, and three times Eurovision winner Johnny Logan- each had a 20% influence on the outcome, making the jury vote altogether count 80% of the final outcome. The audience vote had the remaining 20% impact.

The complete results are as follows:

  1. Sieneke – 2 points (1 point from George Baker, 1 point from Daniël Dekker)
    Loekz – 2 points (1 point from Tatjana Simic, 1 point from Johnny Logan)
  2. Vinzzent – 1 points (1 point from the audience)
  3. Marlous – 0 points
    Peggy Mays – 0 points

As there was a tie for first place, it was up to Pierre Kartner to choose the winner. He went for Sieneke.

esctoday.com national final awards 2010

The 2010 esctoday.com National Final Awards will be held between April and May, which means between the national final season and the Eurovision Song Contest. We will repeat the same format with two rounds for nominations which was used this year – you can read how it works here. However, this time the individual polls for each country will always be held right after the national final, when the entries are still fresh. You can vote for your favourite performance not to qualify in the Dutch national final here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXrH9oj7SY0

ESCToday is growing and always looks for new members to join our team! Feel free to drop us a line if you're interested! Use the Contact Us page or send us an email at vacancies@esctoday.com!