The third out of six quarter finals of Eurosong 2010, the Slovakian preselection for the Eurovision Song Contest, was held tonight. Out of ten competing acts, four participants qualified for one of the semi finals on 14th and 21st February.
The following acts have qualified tonight:
- Robo Opatovský – NieÄ�o máš
(R. Opatovský/P. KoneÄ�ný)
- Free Voices – Z osnov
- Renata Ä�onková & Martina Polievková – Dúha
(E. Ä�onka/P. Kubica)
- Martin Konrád – Ja viem
- Robo Opatovský – NieÄ�o máš – 15,9 %
- Free Voices – Z osnov – 14,2 %
- Renáta Ä�onková& Martina Polievková- Dúha – 13,6 %
- Martin Konrád – Ja viem – 13,5 %
- Hudba zMarsu – Final song – 12,0 %
- ReverzPark – Po kvapkách – 11,9 %
- RoboŠimko& Mass Riot – PodÄ¾a vlastnej hlavy – 8,1 %
- Lekra – Dolina,dolina – 5,7 %
- Guru Brothers – PríÄ�ina – 4,0 %
- Andrea Sulovská – Å½ivot – 1,2 %
The poll voters and the SMS voters in the quarter final widely did not agree. Joint poll winners Renata Ä�onková & Martina Polievková (26.9%) made it to the final and so did Robo Opatovský, number four in the poll (7.7%). However, joint poll winner Andrea Súlovská did not qualify (in fact, she finished last) and neither did number three Hudba z Marsu (21.2%). Therefore only one act of the poll top three, which together received exactly 75.0% of the votes made it to the final. The other two qualifiers Free Voices and Martin Konrád had finished equal sixth and equal seventh in the poll with 3.8% and 1.9% respectively.
In 2009, Slovakia returned to the Eurovision Song Contest after eleven years and was represented by Kamil Miculcik and Nela Pocisková with the song Let' tmou. The duo finished 18th in the second semi final thus not qualifying for the final.