After a lengthy process, Israel will finally pick its representative for Eurovision Song Contest 2017 tonight. Four acts who made it through the whole season of Rising Star for Eurovision 2017 will try to win the people’s hearts and televotes and get win tonight’s show.
The contest is an artist selection and so the artists will sing cover versions tonight as well. A special committee will then receive possible entries for the winning artist and the Israeli entry is expected to be revealed towards the end of February or the beginning of March.
This is the only show of Rising Star for Eurovision 2017 that is aired live, from the Neve Ilan TV Studios near Jerusalem. The show, hosted by Asi Azar and Rotem Sela, will begin at 21:00 local time (20:00 CET) and the winner will be declared after one hour and 40 minutes.
In the first stage, the finalists will sing in duels. The winner of each duel will go to the superfinal. These are the songs each act will perform:
- Beatbox Element – Hey mama (David Guetta)
- Diana Golbi – Euphoria (Loreen)
- Imri Ziv – Halo (Beyonce)
- Julietta – My number one (Helena Paparizou)
A wildcard will be awarded to one of the losing acts by the judges, so a total of three acts will participate in the superfinal, which is a three-way duel. These are the songs to be performed at the superfinal stage, in case of qualification:
- Beatbox Element – Human (Rag’n’bone Man)
- Diana Golbi – Purple rain (Prince)
- Imri Ziv – Because of you (Kelly Clarkson)
- Julietta – Shikorim me’ahava (Eden Ben-Zaken)
During each performance, the viewers at home will be able to vote yes or no using an application. The judges, Harel Skaat, Keren Peles, Asaf Amdurski and Static & Ben-El Tavori, will be able to vote as well, but with less power than in previous shows. The winner of each stage will be the one with more yes votes, by percentage.
HOW TO WATCH?
A webstream of Channel 2 is available worldwide by Isramedia. Click on מקור 1 or מקור 2 (Source 1/Source 2) in order to watch.
RISING STAR 2017 AGENDA
- 02/01: Show 1 – Auditions
- 03/01: Show 2 – Auditions
- 09/01: Show 3 – Auditions
- 16/01: Show 4 – Auditions
- 24/01: Show 5 – Auditions
- 30/01: Show 6 – Quarterfinal Part I (8 acts)
- 31/01: Show 7 – Quarterfinal Part II
- 06/02: Show 8 – Semifinal (6 acts)
- 13/02: Show 9 – Final (4 acts)
Stay tuned to ESCToday for more news regarding Rising Star and Israel at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017!