Night 2 of Italy’s grand Sanremo Music Festival 2017 takes place this evening which sees the search to find the Campioni champion continue, as well as the start of the Nuove Proposte event.
Airing live from the Ariston Theatre in Sanremo, tonight’s Sanremo Music Festival show sees the Campioni stage of the competition continue with the next 11 acts, along with the start of the Nuove Proposte contest.
How to watch
Night 2 of Sanremo 2017 will air from 20:35 CET on the following channels:
- Rai 1
- Rai 4
- Radio 2
- Live webcast via rai.it
Tonight’s show will run for just under 4 hours, finishing at 00:30 CET.
This evening sees the remaining 11 acts from the Campioni category of the festival perform their entries live for the first time to the public and jury.
As with last night’s show, tonight’s qualifiers will be determined via a mixed combined vote, consisting of a 50% televote and 50% press jury vote.
The 8 acts which receive the highest amount of votes will qualify to the next stage of the contest on night 4, whilst the remaining 3 acts will have to compete once again in the elimination round of the event on night 3.
Night 2 Campioni participants
- Bianca Atzei – Ora esisti solo tu
- Chiara – Nessun posto è casa mi
- Francesco Gabbani – Occidentali’s karma
- Gigi D’Alessio – La prima stella
- Marco Masini – Spostato di un secondo
- Michele Bravi – Il diario degli errori
- Michele Zarrillo – Mani nelle mani
- Nesli feat. Alice Paba – Do retta a te
- Paola Turci – Fatti bella per te
- Raige feat. Giulia Luzi – Togliamoci la voglia
- Sergio Sylvestre – Con te
Nuove Proposte begins
Tonight also sees the start of the Nuove Proposte competition which will see a total of 8 acts compete to be crowned the winner of the Newcomers’ section of the competition.
The first 4 acts will compete in tonight’s show and following a 50/50 combined televote and press jury vote, the top 2 will qualify to night 4 of Sanremo 2017. The remaining 2 acts will be eliminated from the competition.
First 4 Nuove Proposte participants
- Marianne Mirage – Le canzoni fanno male
- Francesco Guasti – Universo
- Braschi – Nel mare ci sono i coccodrilli
- Leonardo Lamacchia – Ciò che resta
Musical interval performances this evening include appearances from Italy’s very own Giorgia, alongside former Take That singer Robbie Williams and British alternative-rock group Biffy Clyro.
Actor Keanu Reeves and actress Sveva Alviti have also been invited to appear on the Sanremo stage this evening.
A number of comedy sketches will feature this evening, including comedic-trio Enrico Brignano , Gabriele Cirilli and Flavio Insinna.
Sanremo Music Festival 2017 schedule
You can check out our full guide on the whole Sanremo 2017 competition for a more in-depth look at this year’s Italian festival.
07/02: Night 1
- 08/02: Night 2 (Last 11 Campioni acts perform; 8 acts qualify to night 4, 3 acts compete again in elimination round on night 3 / First 4 Nuove Proposte acts perform; 2 qualify to night 4)
- 09/02: Night 3 (16 Campioni qualifiers perform a cover version of a national hit, whilst remaining 6 acts will compete in the elimination round; 4 will qualify to night 4 and will join the 16 qualifiers from night 1 and 2 / Last 4 Nuove Proposte acts perform, 2 qualify to night 4)
- 10/02: Night 4 (20 Campioni acts perform again; 16 acts will qualify to night 5 / Nuove Proposte finalists perform again; winner is determined)
- 11/02: Night 5 (16 finalists will perform again, top 3 will qualify to super-final where the votes will be reset; winner decided and offered Eurovision participation)