Unlike in previous years, the twenty hopefuls of Eesti Laul 2017 will be aired for the first time in a new and exciting way. The presentation will take in the next two Thursdays, 8 December and 15 December.
The shortlist of Eesti Laul 2017’s participants was revealed three weeks ago. It was expected that the songs will be released independently by the artists and record labels as in previous years, but the Estonian broadcaster ERR has decided to air the participating songs for the first time during two special days.
Each day will run between 10:00-19:00 local time (9:00-18:00 CET) and every hour will kick off with one of the Eesti Laul entries, followed by a short interview with the artist, with the first song being aired at 10:00 and the tenth one at 19:00. The presentation will also announce the allocation to the two semifinals, as the songs of Semifinal 1 will be presented on 8 December while those of Semifinal 2 will be revealed exactly a week later, on 15 December.
Each released song will be published immediately online on ERR’s Eesti Laul website, social media and via local and national radio stations.
THE PARTICIPANTS (In brackets – songwriters)
- Almost Natural – Electric (Amiran Gorgazjan, Anis Arumets, Noah McNamara, Willie Weeks)
- Alvistar Funk Association – Make love, not war (Inga Kaare, Margus Alviste, Jürgen Urbanik)
- Angeelia – We ride with our flow (Angeelia Maasik, Andres Kõpper)
- Antsud – Vihm (Aile Alveus-Krautmann)
- Ariadne – Feel me now (Margus Piik, Tomi Rahula, Anni Rahula)
- Carl-Philip – Everything but you (Carl-Philip Madis, Carola Madis, Arno Krabman, Jaap Reesema, Leon Paul Palmen)
- Close To Infinity feat. Ian Karell – Sounds like home (Ian Robert Karell, Johannes Kanter, Sander Ulp, Tanel Kordemets)
- Daniel Levi – All I need (Ago Teppand, Daniel Levi Viinalass)
- Elina Born – In or out (Stig Rästa, Vallo Kikas, Fred Krieger)
- Ivo Linna – Suur loterii (Rainer Michelson, Urmas Jaarman)
- Janno Reim & Kosmos – Valan pisaraid (Janno Reim)
- Karl-Kristjan & Whogaux feat. Maian – Have you now (Karl-Kristjan Kingi, Hugo Martin Maasikas, Maian Lomp)
- Kerli – Spirit animal (Kerli Kõiv, Brian Ziff)
- Koit Toome & Laura – Verona (Sven Lõhmus)
- Laura Prits – Hey kiddo (Tara Nabi, Laura Prits, Andres Kõpper)
- Leemet Onno – Hurricane (Leemet Onno, Ed Struijlaart)
- Lenna Kuurmaa – Slingshot (Lenna Kuurmaa, Nicolas Rebscher, Michelle Leonard)
- Liis Lemsalu – Keep running (Liis Lemsalu, Mihkel Mattisen, Gustaf Svenungsson, Magnus Wallin)
- Rasmus Rändvee – This love (Bert Prinkenfeld, Stewart James Brock, Ewert Sundja, Rasmus Rändvee)
- Uku Suviste – Supernatural (Oliver Mazurtšak, Uku Suviste)
The final of Eesti Laul 2017 will take place on 4 March. It will be preceded by two semifinals on 11 and 18 February, and the winner will go on to represent Estonia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017.
Stay tuned to ESCToday for more news regarding Eesti Laul and Estonia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017!