BTRC, the Belarussian broadcaster, received one hundred and twenty six applications for the country's selection for the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest. Out of them, fifteen were shortlisted to compete in the EuroFest semi final on 15 December.
More than ninety acts performed in the first casting for the EuroFest 2009 project. The following fifteen acts were chosen to compete live on First National Channel on 15 December and up to five will be selected by a jury to proceed to the Belarussian final to be held in mid January. The final winner will be chosen entirely by televoting.
A varied lineup has been set up for the Belarussian 2009 selection. From young artists to experienced ones, from heavy metal, to pop and on to more classical sounds. The Belarussian semifinalists are:
1. Alex Patlis Band, Alexis theformer lead singer of famous Christian Belarussian band New Jerusalem
2. The Champions, also competed in 2008 but did not make it to the final
3.Anna Blagova and Yuriy Vaschuk, Anna is a young singer who represented Belarus in the 2007 Slavonic Bazaar Festival.
4. Petr Elfimov
5. Gunesh, who also tried in 2005, 2006 and 2008 where she came 4th and was beaten in the EuroFest final by Ruslan Alehno
7. Kola Band
8. Dakota, participated in the sevent season of the Russian Fabrika Zvezd show
11. Litesound feat. Dakota, Litesound tried again for 2007 and 2008
12. Alexey Crechet
14. "Wind in the head" band
15. Victoria Belova
The article will be updated with more information soon.