Malena Ernman was today revealed as the second wildcard to enter Melodifestivalen 2009. The operatic international superstar will perform a song called La voix written by Freddie Kempe.
Malena is Sweden's leading international operatic star, a mezzo soprano educated at the Royal Academy of Music in Stockholm. She has performed in musicals and operas at home and abroad, including operatic hot spots of Vienna, Berlin and Paris,and has in recent years spent much time in France.
The title of the song suggests the entry will be performed in French, although no confirmation of this has been made as yet. She joins the 17 artists already believed in the race for Globen and to represent Sweden at the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow.
You can watch Malena performing with the 2008 Melodifestivalen winner, Charlotte Perrelli here:
Malena joins the following artists so far confirmed for the competition:
- Alcazar – Stay the night
- BWO – You're not alone
- Caroline af Ugglas – Snällä, Snälla
- Emilia – You're my world
- Jennifer Brown – Never been here before
- Lasse Lindh and Band – Jag Slåss I Dina Kvarter
- Måns Zelmerlöw – Hope & glory
- Sarah Dawn Finer – Moving on
- The Scotts – Jag tror på oss
- Markoolio- Kärlekssång från mig (first wildcard)
- Mikael Rickfors – Du vinner over mig
- H.E.A.T – 1000 miles
- Molly Sandén – Så vill stjärnorna
- Maja Gullstrand – Här för mig själv
- Next 3 – Esta Noche
- Jonathan Fagerlund – Welcome to my life
- Rigo & The Topaz Sound feat. Red Fox – I got you
In addition to the news, UKeurovision Schlager Party will be playing atribute section at the party in Londonthis Friday 28th November. They will be playing songs by each of the confirmed artists. Tickets for the Winter Schlager Party at The Enclave in London are available now from the official event website at www.schlagerparty.co.uk. Tickets cost £10 or £7 with a loyalty card and can be booked online.