RTVA , the Andorran national broadcaster has released the rules and regulations for the 2009 Andorran Eurovision national final. Viewers will be able to choose both the song and entry that will represent them at the Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow next May. The period for the submission of songs and CVs, and presentation letters along with demos has kicked off this weekend and will be open until the 31st of December 2008.
The completeset of rules and regulations for entry tothe 2009 Eurovision Andorran National Final for the composers and singers who wish to participate.
Rules for the Composers
- Composers are required to be above 18 years of age, prefarably being residents of Andorra or having the Andorran nationality.
- Composers are entitled to submit more than one song for the selection.
- Each song shall not be longer than 3 minutes in legth.
- The lyrics of the song should be preferably in Catalan
- The demos of the songs should be submitted along with a presentation letter and CV of the respective authors/composers
- The songs can't be commercialised nor released before the contest.
- The songs have to be free from copyright rights and contracts binding them to a company
Rules for the Singers
- The singers are required to be above the age of 18, preferably residents of Andorra or with Andorran Nationality
- Each singer is entitled to send in a demo with the maximum of 3 songs. At least one of the songs is required to be in Catalan. Singers are required to send in the demos along with a CV and presentation letter.
- Musical experience of the artist along with the musical preparation of the entry will be taken into account.
- Skills in speaking Catalan fluently along with affluence in speaking English or French will be also taken into account.
- This singer/singers have to be free from any contracts binding them to any companies or management agencies during the preparation period of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest and during their stay in Moscow during the Eurovision Song Contest.
- The selected artist/artists will be have allow RTVA. SA to be their representatives, thus alloting the broadcaster the rights to represent them.
- All those who are interested to apply to enter the 2009 Eurovision Andorran National selection and sumbmit an entry, you can send all the required material to the following address until the 31st of Decemeber 2008:
PROJECTE EUROVISIÓ 2009
Baixada del Molí 24
AD500 Andorra la Vella